Friday, January 4, 2008

A child's mind


I just wanted to share something that my 3 year old said this morning on our way to daycare. It was dark outside and the half moon was bright and so was a big star next to it. He pointed them out to me and asked me "what are their names?" I thought and said well it's moon and star. He didn't like that and decided to name them Koda and star. The whole way to the daycare he was telling me how "Koda and star" are following us. He said "they must like us because the keep following us mom" I just smiled and agreed. Every turn I took he looked for the moon and star and sure enough they were always there maybe just a different spot. Finally when we got to daycare he was so excited that "Koda and star" had followed us all the way. I told him they were protecting us.


It's amazing the mind of a child, how simple and sweet things seem. Makes me miss being a child, and I will try to assure my children that staying young isn't a bad thing!


2 comments:

Karri said...

Shawna! I'm so glad you got a blog. Your family will love it and I will love keeping up on what's new in your life. Your boys are so stinkin cute. That cute what Bryson said. where did he come up with "koda"? I keep telling my kids that they are lucky they are young.

Bobbi said...

What an amazing little boy you have! You are right about the mind of a child - if only we could continue to possess that wonder and amazement as adults. I'm glad you shared. Thanks, my friend. :0) Kiss those boys for me, please.