Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Healthy Living!

Okay so hopefully this isn't way over my head, but I'm really going to try to incorporate healthy living into my family. Everyone relies on my cooking to eat so I figure they are stuck with what I make;) I will just have to make sure it's easy on the palate. Not only do I have a picky 3 year old, but a picky 41 year old as well. So if anyone reading this has ideas for picky eaters but still making healthy foods I'm open for suggestions.

My main concern is weekends. I am a full time working mother and on weekends I just sometimes don't know what to do to keep my children entertained like they want and need to be. I think I need to be more creative, take the initiative and get somethings started. e.i. crafts. I know I can do, just have to find that creative bone this is hidden somewhere in me. Brysen loves doing things with us and Landon just loves watching brother run around. I need to make sure I'm spending more quality time with my children especially since I don't have the quantity.

2 comments:

Karri said...

Crockpot meals are great for the weekend. If you need recipes, I have lots of recipes. As far as keeping your kids healthy, buy a big frozen bag of veggies and then all you have to do is microwave for like ten minutes. My kid's new favorite thing is cutie oranges, I think they're more like tangerines. They're very little and VERY tasty! and they're good for you!

haynes_her_way said...

Thanks karri:) I knew you'd have some ideas!!!